Reality

Happy Labor Day!

School is back in full swing as of this past full week.  I even substitute taught the first 3 days of school.  I'm officially the mother of a high schooler and middle schooler.  (sniff)

The kids had a really good first week of school which puts my mind at ease (and then we move and get to go through all the starting up anxieties all over again mid November).

It's all about facing the facts; such as the aforementioned of my kids growing up as well as some other concepts:


  • My son will forever be taller than me (thank goodness)
  • Crafting is therapeutic to me
  • It never gets easier telling friends goodbye
  • It doesn't always get easier making new friends or the anxiety that comes with it as a military spouse/family
  • My daughter isn't little anymore
  • Moving (or getting ready to) is stressful
  • God is in control (the most important one)



I finally pulled out crafts this past week.  It had been quite a while since I worked on some projects.  I didn't realize how therapeutic crafting is to me.  I have been cranky lately with this whole move thing...and it was great to "step away from it" and make some fun things.

I opened up my Paper Pumpin from Stampin' Up and went to work.  The first photo below is on the cover of the kit:


I opened the kit and pulled out all the supplies that were included in the box:


I was pleasantly surprised at how much the kit made.  I made 4 large cards, 4 mini cards as well as envelopes.  It was nice to have everything pre-cut.  There were even extra white cut-out words that I can use for future projects.


Here's a better photo of the cards I made:


With our time drawing to an end in England, I still have a couple of "wishfuls" on my bucket list.  I was able to tick one off yesterday.

We ventured off to the beach north of us yesterday.  The weather was great (mid 60's IS great for England this time of year) with the sun shining.  I had been wanting to go visit a village called Wells-Next-the-Sea.  I'm so glad we went.



The tide was very low so we had quite a bit of sand and rocks to overcome to get to the water.  But the sand was fine like sugar and the kids couldn't have been happier.  I even found the beach huts I'd been hopeful to find (below).


And the beach huts were in abundance too as you can see in the below photo.  They stretched all the way to the next bend.

A final thing on my bucket list is Leeds Castle.  Not sure if it will work out or not.  But, God is in control, so if it works out, then it was meant to be!

Craft club is in about a week.  I already have my next 3 swaps done!  Hence, the reason I haven't crafted much lately since I finished things before our Ireland trip.  So check back soon for photos!  Swap theme is "thank you" and if it's incorporated with a fall theme, then more power to us!
:)



Comments