May the Road Rise to Meet You...

I'm still on cloud nine - we just arrived back on Saturday night from a 4 night 5 day stay in Ireland.  It was by far the BEST trip we've done here!  Oh - it was the longest trip we've done here, and I spent so much time researching things to do and such, it was SO worth those long hours!!

We stayed in a small village outside of Dalkey where we could take the DART (local train) south or north to Dublin's town center.  What a lovely town with plenty to see and do.  Not as crowded as London and the people there are SO friendly!  We were also incredibly lucky with the weather.  It was a bit warmer there than here in England and it hardly rained on days were were out and about!  Praise the Lord!

It was quite a bit of walking - especially since our Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel was on top of the hill (a 15 min walk up hill) but eating poorly evenly worked itself out, lol!

We took a day excursion north with Paddy wagon tours to the Giant's Causeway, Carrick Bridge and Belfast.  We also took the DART south to Killiney.  There was a great beach spot as well as home to Bono from U2.

Here are a few photos (only a few - out of the 200+ I posted on my Facebook page).
  
My kids on the bridge


 
Giant's Causeways formed from volcanoes and ice/wind years ago (2 photos).

 
Bono's Home

 
Me at Hard Rock in Dublin

Now we can officially be in pack-out mode.  I did well this summer going through the rooms.  School starts Monday for the kids and I hope to finish Isaac's room today.  I went through EVERY room in the house except one!!  To include the shed outside.  (Patting myself on the back).

Ok packers, I'm ready, bring it on!  No, they're not scheduled yet as Kent still has a huge checklist to do and submit before orders can be issued.  We can't schedule packers, ship the car, or do anything until we get orders.  (sigh)  

Here's my favorite Irish blessing.  May warm your heart as it does mine.  :)  

Comments